Friday, December 24, 2004

Planning: Final Fates

Originally my plan was to keep the story of The New Era going forever. Sort of similar to the model of the comic books, a new plotline is introduced before the old one finishes, and the story keeps on going indefinately.

Then, I got the idea for a climatic ending. An invasion of the city and a big final battle in which half of my characters would meet their untimely demise. Who would die and who would live? I spent a lot of time in study halls pondering this question.

To keep myself occupied in study hall, I sketched out the final fates of all the characters. This was only planning though. Some of these I stuck to, some I ended up changing. For a quick reference as to what ended up actually happening, check out the list of "Characters I've Killed."

Final Fates--Very subjective to change
Bakes--Killed while fighting Gaius
Lauto--Severly wounded while fighting Gaius. might or might not pull through
Antonius--Killed while saving Quintus and Crassus
Quintus--Killed protecting others
Crassus--Breaks leg--but lives
Pericula--Lives
Julius--Lives
Mucius--Lives
Kyoko--Killed, but ressurrected in exchange for Hans
Hans--Dies for Kyoko
Boon--Lives?
Dabrow--Lives? Possibly becomes The Watcher representative for The Renegades
Livius--Lives?
Katina--Lives
Gaius--Dies a horrible death. One of the main characters is forced into killing him in self defense
Uther--Kills Deka in a great battle
Deka--Slain by Uther
Kile--Lives, becomes a Watcher
Drusus--Lives, becomes a Watcher
Rodens--Before Hans dies, Hans is able to forgive Rodens. Rodens possibly comes back in the sequel
Ziet--Killed by Gaius
Akristh--saved by Hans, Lives
Ossar--Killed
Estaci--Lives
Eva--Lives

No comments: